Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fair Food & Music

Tonight my mother and I went to the Western Idaho Fair. It was the busiest I have ever seen the fair and I think it was all becuase of this group, Chicago! The lines to get into the parking lot had traffic backed up both directions down Chinden. Then to buy your tickets, the lines were almost out to the road, a 45 minute wait, easily! We lucked out and hopped on to the free shuttle that took us around to the backside of the fair, the Livestock entrance, and we were inside in short order! Of course we had to indulge in some of the oh so nutritious fair food! I have a list that I have to have each year and then life is good again! I must have a Pronto Pup(corn dog), roasted corn on the cob, sliced caramel apple with the warm caramel poured over the slices and sprinkled with nuts.

With food in hand we went to find seats for the show! People had arrived at 6pm to get seats and we were trying to get seats at 7pm! Ha! But my mother persevered and found us seats. We had to sit separately, but only by 2 people and an aisle. The concert was fun. It was great to hear all the old songs by Chicago! One of my favorite albums in high school was Chicago 17. I think I need to get that album from iTunes for my iPod!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first off, I love love love fair food and i'm jealous and 2nd i love love love chicago! seen them in concert at the today show in new york a few years back. i love all their songs. glad you had fun!

tiki_lady said...

i adore fair food! koodles on the concert! ok, i had to pop over from a link on another blog that you sent over the ingredients for curry!! Had to check out who the rockin' frined was.