Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Good Book

I just finished reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. It was a very thought provoking book. It is set in Pre-revolutionary China and follows a farmer and his family from the beginnings of their farm and land ownership through to their famine days and on to their rich days. It was interesting to see how their perspectives on life changes as their income level changes. It is amazing to see how men and women are valued so differently. Family is everything regardless of the good and bad choices family members make. I am not so good at writing a review that would be motivational to reading the book. But I did enjoy it and would recommend it. It is fun to see into another culture and time. There was a movie done in the 1930s about based on this book. I think I will get it from Netflix. It will be fun to see the story brought to life.

No comments: