Sunday, March 16, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I started scrapbooking about 13 years ago. I had one child and plenty of time to make all of these elaborate pages. My oldest child has three or four scrapbooks that are about four inches thick with double-sided pages. Then child #2 came along and I still kept up pretty well. When children #3, 4, and 5 came all at the same time I was sunk!

We are avid photographers and will take dozens if not more of the many family events like birthdays, at the park, holidays, etc. Since we have gone digital it is not exaggerating to say that I have thousands of photos from the last 8 years. That would be a fortune to print and scrapbook! Not to mention the time it will take! I have kept their school photos and miscellaneous awards and papers all organized in their scrapbooks. It is just the photos of birthdays, Cub Scouts, Christmas, etc. that are not there!

My children love to get their books out and look at them and remember all of the stories that they have been told about themselves. This is especially true of my 3 children from Kazakhstan. They each have 1 and a half books chronicling their lives from Kazakhstan to the present (what I have done).

With the digital scrapbooking world exploding I am anxious to try and scrapbook the impossible pile of digital photos that are collecting digital dust! There are so very many freebies out there for digital scrapbooking so I don't have to drive to get the paper or other scrapbook needs! I don't have to clear a space on my craft table or clean-up when I am done either!

So here is my first digitally scrapbooked page. It was totally fun! I designed the whole thing using Photoshop. I have been using Photoshop for awhile as the webmaster for my children's school. (www.compasscharter.org) The big photo in the background is of all the cars for the race, with Carson and Logan's cars 3rd and 4th up from their photo in the center.

The possibilities are just as endless are they are when you are using scissors and paper! More to come!!!!!

No comments: