Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A girl knows what she wants and likes....


The other day, while in my room I turned on the TV to PBS for background noise and a little distraction for Emily so she isn't constantly emptying every drawer in the room while I am working. When the TV came on Elmo was talking and Emily did an immediate about face and stood like a statue, glued to Elmo! It was too cute! I guess you had to be there....Recently we went to the only place our family goes for a movie night, Overland Park Cinema, to see Inkheart. It was a fun movie. Even my teen-aged son enjoyed it and admitted it openly after the show. During the show Emily decided, after helping to eat everyone's popcorn, that she needed to get more. She took Steve's hand and pulled him towards the door. He followed along with her tugs and she led him right to the concession stand. With her very limited speaking skills he understood that popcorn was what she was after! He indulged her and got another bag of popcorn and came back to the movie. She sat right back in his lap and was a happy camper!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's good! She won't be indecisive later in life. (Or I guess it could be bad, I can't decide.)