Thursday, February 18, 2010

What have been I reading anyway?

At Christmas time Steve and I were shopping at Sam's Club and I had to walk through the book section as I do every visit! As I put books into the cart I informed Steve he was giving these books to me for Christmas, no wrapping needed! Thoughtful of me, don't ya think?
The Gift [Book]
This is such a good book. Richard Paul Evans writes stories that move me to tears and leaves me wondering about his characters long after I close the book. I have always been to glad open his books and sad when they end!

Sarah's Key [Book]
This is a moving story. It is a hard book to put down, I couldn't wait to find out what happens in the next chapter. This story is set during the Holocaust and the 1942 round up of Jews in Paris. The characters in the story itself are fictional, however the atrocities that took place in France during this time are NOT a work of fiction. This is a must read!

The Lovely Bones [Book]
This is a disturbing book, recently come to the movie screen. I won't be going to see the movie. While it is a sad story line and I did finish the book, with difficulty, I don't recommend it. I suppose some good comes at the end, but I am not sure it was worth my time really.

Dear John [Book]
I usually enjoy stories by Nicholas Sparks. This story has a wonderful message, hearts are changed for the good. It did tug at my heart strings and brings into the story the effects of our current wars on the soldiers who serve for us.
The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen [Book]
Being a fan of Jane Austen I just had to add this to my collection. It is on the top of the pile to read next.
Sarah: Women of Genesis [Book]
Steve just finished this book and LOVED it. Orson Scott Card is a master storyteller. He is thorough in his research and makes the story come alive. This is in the "To Be Read" pile. It might beat out the Jane Austen Memoirs as being on the top of the pile!

There are more in the pile to be read..some of the children's series that they are into ..
The 39 Clues Book 3: The Sword Thief - Library Edition [Book]
I have read the first book and have the next two or three in the pile. This is an engaging story. It is fun to read the same books as the children and to have these story lines to discuss.


Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1:The Lightning Thief
We have the first three or four of this series too. I can't wait to read this one! I think Katie has read the first book and so I want to beat her through the second book! I am glad she is distracted with the Twilight series, hopefully giving me time to read books one and two!

I LOVE to read!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's a lot of books, girl! I actually really enjoyed The Lovely Bones. It was different and interesting. I enjoyed the "happy" ending and was glad that she was finally able to let go...