Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend fun....

Since it is almost Christmas I thought I should get the Thanksgiving activity pictures posted. We went with some friends, the Moxleys, to Table Rock in Boise. I wanted everyone except maybe Grandma, Emily, and Steve to climb up and have Steve drive to the top to meet us. We got a late start and so we drove to the top and we met our friends there who climbed up.

Victor Moxley had his gear all setup for everyone to go repelling. I could watch the Moxley family repel down the cliff, but watching my own children do it was really hard to do! I don't think I have ever been so nervous! Victor and Caleb were very good at teaching and supervising the repelling, but I was still so nervous I almost couldn't watch as they took that first step over the edge!Logan loved it! He wanted to go again but the sun was setting and it was getting colder too.
Grandpa Murphy was down below taking these great shots of the kids. Kristina did a great job repelling too. Carson and Katie were just too skinny for the belts to fit them and so they didn't get to go down the cliff. Kristina was borderline too skinny, but they tucked her coat into the harness and she was good to go!
As we were driving down you could see off in the distance a rainbow. It was beautiful! There was a double rainbow but it didn't photograph very well. It was a stunning sight!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I had to click on a picture of Kristina's face to see what was going on there! What a beautiful view....I've never been up there much less rock climbed...

qasehmanja said...

Nice rainbow...love it.. wish could snap a lovely rainbow scene..very peaceful