Monday, December 19, 2011

Clean Laundry...

Last Saturday, after seeing a friend's post, I made my own laundry soap.  I have made a double batch for around $20 as I already had a big bucket of Oxyclean and a big bag of the baking soda too.  I have about 30 pounds of laundry soap made.  It smells good in the wash but doesn't leave a perfumy smell when the clothes are dried.  I placed a tablespoon measuring spoon in the soap with the instructions to the kids to use no more than 2 tablespoons for their load.  It will be fun to see how long this laundry soap lasts.  I always hate the price of laundry soap in the stores and now I may never buy it pre-mixed again.
-------------------
DIY Laundry Soap

1- 4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz) found in the detergent isle
1 -4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg) found in the cooking isle
1-  box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz) found in the detergent isle 
3- bars of Fels-naptha soap, found in the detergent isle
2- small containers of oxyclean or store brand oxyclean (try to get about 3.5 lbs total (1.58 kg)) found in the detergent isle. (this is optional, I added it into mine because I have pretty messy kids and the cleaner the better)

  Here's to many clean loads of laundry!!!!

1 comment:

Steve Murphy said...

I wonder why I'm itchy everywhere my clothes touch my body?