Friday, May 6, 2011

Let them eat cake....


I have a new love, cake decorating. Last summer I was in search of the perfect white cake recipe for my sister's wedding cake. I tried all the cake mixes on the shelf at the grocery store and none passed the test. I had to have the perfect white cake . I did find a couple of good recipes passed on to me from a reliable source and they were good, I tried those recipes for the bridal shower cakes. Since the wedding I have found my one and final recipe from America's Test Kitchen cookbook. I have the perfect buttercreme frosting recipe and I purchase the raspberry filling from Cash & Carry or from Hobby Center. Anyone need a cake? I LOVE to make them.

These are the two cakes I did for my sister's bridal shower. I had two different recipes I tried and experimented with a little color too(I didn't like the color at all)

Here is my sister's wedding cake. My good friends Naomi and Carol Ann moved the cake from the room where I decorated it into the cultural hall. I couldn't watch...I just had to have faith it would make it. It was a heavy cake, 4 double layers with a lemon flavored filling.
One of my family's favorite shows is Cake Boss on TLC. I had ordered the discs from Netflix since we don't have cable tv. I was perming the girls hair and the entire family came in and sat and watched all the episodes on that disc. We have since watch all the three seasons of that show. Now the kids want fondant cakes, Cake Boss style....

1 comment: